Electronics Technician - IoT Devices
Reporting to: Software Engineering Lead
San Diego, CA
Engineering the smartest, world-class micro-mobility security solutions
LINKA was launched in 2014 by founder Mohamed Mohamed (or ‘Mo’ to friends). Growing up in Queens, NY and living in Oakland, CA, Mo is no stranger to urban cycling - and near obsessed with the need for dependable bike security. As a daily bike commuter and a mechanical engineer, he developed LINKA’s first award-winning and patented product, the Original LINKA Smart Bike Lock.
Today, LINKA is sold in 45 countries and employs an engineering team in San Francisco, with another sales support office opening in San Diego serving B2C and B2B clients around the globe. The full line of LINKA products now includes the Original LINKA Lock; the GPS theft tracking and e-bike compatible LEO; and LINKA Fleet Solutions, a comprehensive bike share management solution for bike share operators. While household names are embracing our innovative technologies, we value each and every customer by providing personalized and seamless white-glove experience and are looking for sales, operations and technical support specialists to support our rapid growth.
Enabling sustainable urban mobility
Reducing our collective carbon footprint is at the heart of the LINKA journey. Driving a car emits about 271 g CO2 per passenger-kilometer. Replace the car with a bicycle and you reduce your CO2 emission to less than 1/10th of the car. And that’s what gets our wheels going! LINKA is made up of a fun group of environmentally conscious engineers, designers, marketers, sales and operations people, all with the united passion to empower our customers to make a change in the way we move, in turn making a positive impact on the environment, our lifestyle and our health. Our customers choose to work with LINKA because we provide superior quality and extensive experience in security, product design, IoT, software development and tailored business solutions.
We are looking for a talented Electronics Technician to support our award-winning Product & Software Engineering team. The team’s mission is to build products designed with longstanding durability and seamless capabilities to perform, improve and scale. The team is responsible for designing and creating solutions which integrate to various internal and external vehicle systems. As part of the team, we expect our Electronics Technician to think critically while working collaboratively with a small team.
- Be a critical part of the Product & Software Engineering team and to the company as a highly motivated, detail-orientated electronics engineering technician.
- Think critically and demonstrate initiative.
- Provide support and lead projects including defining parts, troubleshooting, building, providing solutions and documenting processes.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and fix any issues (electrical, mechanical, optical)
- Develop diagnostic tools for electrical components
- Troubleshoot and fix PCB assemblies (mostly analog designs, some digital)
- Provide internal technical support
- Read and interpret BOMs, mechanical drawings, work instructions and electrical schematics for new projects.
- Develop work instructions and optimize current work instructions
- Read and create minor updates to electrical schematics and PCBAs drawings
- Collaborate with the Product and Software Engineering team to create optimal solutions and co-ordinating prototyping efforts, testing and support.
- A technical educational background with Associates Degree or technical electronics certification
- 5+ years troubleshooting electrical components, including PCBAs, or related work experience
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with strong attention-to-detail
- Ability to work alone or in small teams
You might have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, or related Engineering Technology field
- Experience with the board design process including schematic capture, PCB stack up, PCB layout, BOM management and design verification testing
- Familiar with I2C, JTAG, UART protocols
- Familiar with using test equipment including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and protocol analyzers
- Board and System level debug
- Familiarity with mechanical design of boards and systems
- Power supply design experience is a plus
- A passion for cycling and inspiring change to reduce our environmental impact on the planet.
We’re always looking for humble, fast learners. Not sure if you meet all the requirements? Apply anyway and show us what you got!
Salary: $21-30 per hour / Dependant on applicant’s experience
- Flexible working location
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Medical, paid time off, unlimited unpaid time off
- Opportunity for progression within the company
- Fun and dynamic work atmosphere
- Access to various work bikes for testing or to commute