What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you place an order or respond to a communication such as e-mail, or participate in another Site feature. When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our Site anonymously. Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you purchase products, respond to a marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other Site features in the following ways: To personalize your Site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested. To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests. To quickly process your transactions. To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other Site feature.
Do we use "cookies"?
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless you have given consent, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include our business. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our Site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Online policy only
For Residents of the European Union (“EU”) – General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased through the Site.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the Site.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our Site.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
Lawful Bases to Process Your Personal Data
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- The lawful basis for collecting your Identity and Contact Data to register you as a new customer is the performance of a contract with you.
- The lawful bases for collecting your Identity, Contact, Financial, Transaction and Marketing and Communications Data to process and deliver your purchases are (a) the performance of a contract with you and (b) it is necessary for our legitimate interests.
- The lawful bases for collecting your Identity, Contact, Profile, and Marketing and Communications Data to manage a relationship with you are (a) the performance of a contract with you and (b) it is necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services).
- The lawful bases for collecting your Identity, Contact, Profile, Usage, and Marketing and Communications Data to enable you to partake in a contest, competition or complete a survey are (a) the performance of a contract with you and (b) it is necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products and services, to develop them and grow our business).
- The lawful basis to collect your Identity, Contact, and Technical Data to administer and protect our business and the Site is that it is necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganization or group restructuring exercise).
- The lawful basis to collect your Identity, Contact, Profile, Usage, Marketing and Communications, and Technical Data to deliver relevant Site content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you is that it is necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy).
- The lawful basis to collect Technical and Usage Data to use data analytics to improve our Site, marketing, customer relationships and experiences is that it is necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our Site updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy).
- The lawful basis to collect Identity, Contact, Profile, Usage, and Technical Data to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you is that it is necessary for legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business).
We do not collect any Special Categories of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes described in this Policy.1. External Third Parties
- Service providers acting as processors, such as Amazon Web Services or Digital Ocean, based in the U.S., Canada, Brazil, Ireland, England, Germany, France, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Japan who provide IT and system administration services.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data. In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.2. Your legal rights under the GDPR
Under certain circumstances, EU residents have rights under data protection laws in relation to their personal data. If you are an EU resident, you have the right to:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally, it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Company name: LINKA Technologies, LLC. doing business as "LINKA"
Company address: 560 Haight Street, San Francisco, CA 94117
Data Protection Officer: Tammy Lam