Sales and Marketing Intern
Reporting to: Director of Marketing
Engineering the smartest, world-class micro-mobility security solutions
LINKA was launched in 2014 by founder Mohamed Mohamed (or ‘Mo’ to friends). Growing up in Queens, NY and living in Oakland, CA, Mo is no stranger to urban cycling - and near obsessed with the need for dependable bike security. As a daily bike commuter and a mechanical engineer, he developed LINKA’s first award-winning and patented product, the Original LINKA Smart Bike Lock.
Today, LINKA is sold in 45 countries and employs an engineering team in San Francisco, with a support team serving B2C and B2B clients around the globe. The full line of LINKA products now includes the Original LINKA Lock; the GPS theft tracking and e-bike compatible LEO; and LINKA Fleet Solutions, a comprehensive bike share management solution for bike share operators. While household names are embracing our innovative technologies, we value each and every customer by providing personalized and seamless white-glove experience and are looking for sales, operations and technical support specialists to support our rapid growth.
Enabling sustainable urban mobility
Reducing our collective carbon footprint is at the heart of the LINKA journey. Driving a car emits about 271 g CO2 per passenger-kilometer. Replace the car with a bicycle and you reduce your CO2 emission to less than 1/10th of the car. And that’s what gets our wheels going! LINKA is made up of a fun group of environmentally conscious engineers, designers, marketers, sales and operations people, all with the united passion to empower our customers to make a change in the way we move, in turn making a positive impact on the environment, our lifestyle and our health. Our customers choose to work with LINKA because we provide superior quality and extensive experience in security, product design, IoT, software development and tailored business solutions.
We are looking for a Sales and Marketing Intern to support our Business Development and Marketing teams. The team’s mission is to excite, inspire and connect with potential and existing customers throughout the customer experience with LINKA. The team is responsible for building stories and purpose into the marketing communications through proactive engagement, engaging storytelling, lead acquisition, conversion and retention strategies. As part of the team, we expect our Sales and Marketing Intern to be reliable, sociable and be thirsty for success while working collaboratively with a small team.
- Actively manage affiliate and influencer marketing.
- Research digital media, blogs, review sites and influencers and assist in launching and growing an affiliate program.
- Proactively engage with influencers and potential customers on social media to drive engagement and long-term collaborations, with the opportunity to build a LINKA ambassador program.
- Coordinate with influencers and logistics on gift fulfillment and provide basic troubleshooting guidance.
- Support Marketing team to execute campaigns. Includes updating linkalock.com retail website, creating content for social media (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube), Facebook Advertising and email marketing.
- Support Sales team in B2B Sales & Marketing strategies: including sourcing leads, maintaining customer database, utilizing CRM.
- Create and edit images and video.
- Support SEO efforts and learn SEO best practises.
- Collaborate with the product and software team internally to develop the Devs & Tools portal for the forthcoming LINKAFleets.com re-launch.
- Demonstrate initiative and flexibility.
- Communicate with confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with strong attention-to-detail.
- Ability to work alone or in small teams
You might have:
- Experience in sales, multimedia and/or marketing.
- Graphic design skills: Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Video editing/animation skills a plus.
- A passion for cycling and inspiring change to reduce our environmental impact on the planet.
We’re always looking for humble, fast learners. Not sure if you meet all the requirements? Apply anyway and show us what you got! Email: email@example.com.